- What are the application requirements?
Only complete applications will be reviewed. A complete application includes:
- Common Application Form
- USMLE transcript
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Lette
- Personal Statement
- What is the application deadline?
- When will the program extend invitations to interview?
- When will the program interview candidates?
There are three interview sessions: The 1st and 2nd Wednesday in December and the 2nd Wednesday in January.
- How many positions are there to fill?
- For what year are candidates being interviewed?
Dermatology program candidates will interview one full academic year ahead of their actual start date. For example, if you interview in December of 20167, your start date will be July 1, 2019.
- Does the program accept international medical graduates?
- What type of visa does the program sponsor?
J-1 only (not H1B)
- Does the program have a USMLE minimum score requirement for candidates?
- How many applicants will be invited to interview?
- Is there a maximum number of letters of recommendations?
No more than four, please.
- If accepted into the WSU dermatology residency program, are there any additional program requirements prior to starting residency?
All residents must complete and pass the USMLE part 3 prior to entering the dermatology residency program. Internship must be done in an ACGME-accredited program prior to entry. Acceptable internships are: transitional year, preliminary medicine, and first-year residency in general surgery or obstetrics & gynecology. All residents must provide proof that internship was successfully completed prior to starting the program. All residents must have up-to-date ACLS and BLS certification.